Pain Management Experience
Medicine isn't my life - people are.
My lifelong commitment has been to help people live healthy, pain-free lives using the most advanced techniques available. Personalized care, compassion, and an ability to listen are an important part of accomplishing pain free living.
Over 25 years of experience
With over 25 years of experience, I am grateful to be able to help people who suffer from pain every day. My approach is to first accurately and comprehensively assess the pain problems. A detailed history, a review of medical records and past diagnostic tests, and further testing if indicated, all lay the foundation for an accurate diagnosis. Once the diagnosis has been reached, pain treatment can begin along with recovery of function and a return to normal life. A comprehensive approach means that we take the whole person into consideration. In other words, we don’t just stop with the MRI scan; we look deeper into the patient as a whole.
"A comprehensive approach means that we take the whole person into consideration."
I can reduce or eliminate a patient’s pain and improve their overall function and quality of life, regardless of their age or condition. As medical director of one of the longest established pain centers in Cleveland, and now one in Cleveland, I am dedicated to offering personalized, compassionate care to my patients. That’s why we attract people from all over the country … because they know we can help them in ways others cannot, and always with compassion and gentle care.
- American Board of Anesthesiology, Board Certification in 1989
- Subspecialty Board Certification in Pain Management in 1998
- American Academy of Pain Management 1999
- Founder Kozmary Center for Pain Management 1998
- Purchased and took ownership of Cleveland Back and Pain Specialists from former owner, Dr. John Nickels 2017
- Undergraduate: University of California at San Diego, Revelle College, BA Chemistry 1979 Cum Laude
- Medical School: University of California at San Francisco, School of Medicine 1983
- Internship: University of California at San Francisco, Surgery 1983-1985
- Residency: University of California at San Francisco, Anesthesiology, 1985-1987
- Fellowship: University of California at San Francisco, Cardiovascular Anesthesia 1987-1988
Dr. Kozmary enjoys tennis, flying, travel, fitness training and watching his children grow.